ChickSafe Advance Automatic Hen House Door Opener & Door
No more worries about being too late to shut your birds in at night. Brinsea’s ChickSafe Advance automatic hen house door opener means your birds are safely protected from predators overnight. Easy to use and easy to fit, tough and reliable with timing and daylight options. Opens and closes your chicken coop using a timer with light sensor options. No calibration necessary, works straight out of the box! Unique robust mechanism, patent pending.
The Brinsea ChickSafe Advance is a tough and reliable, digitally controlled system for automatically opening your hen house door in the morning and closing your hen house door as light levels drop in the evening, keeping your birds safe giving you peace of mind.
The ChickSafe Advance is battery powered (supplied) and easy to fit to any hen house with a vertical sliding (or hinged) door (visit www.brinsea.co.uk/chicksafe-door-setup for details). Simply fix two screws into your hen house (supplied) and attach the cord to your existing door. No manual calibration is necessary: the ChickSafe Advance automatically adjusts to the height of your hen house door.
The ChickSafe Advance is tough and can raise and lower any vertical door from 300 grammes to 4 Kg in weight. The Brinsea ChickSafe Advance has two systems to trigger the door to open or close: either by detecting changes in light level or using a real-time clock timer. It’s also possible to program the system to be triggered by lowering light levels as well as a ‘latest time to close’ time setting. The sensitivity of the falling light level is user adjustable and the software looks for slow changes in light so isn’t affected by car headlights at night, for example.
The Brinsea ChickSafe Advance has an indicator to show that the door is open, closed, battery low or fault alert. The digital control system also allows the user to override the automatic system and immediately either open or close the door or hold the door in its current position until the override is switched off – handy if trying to isolate birds in the hen house. The control also allows the user to delay the opening of the door in the morning on 2 days out of 7 to a selected time which can use used to keep the birds contained at weekends, for example. The ChickSafe Advance features ‘auto-stop’ if a chicken is obstructing the door.
Pack includes the ChickSafe space-saving, 2-stage Hen House Door. All parts are designed to withstand external conditions. The durable, black uPVC rails screw to your hen house and the aluminium door panels drop in. Full fitting instructions supplied.
Brinsea’s door openers are weatherproof, work in extreme weather conditions and are made from UV resistant materials.
- Easy to fit – self-calibrating
- Works straight out of the box!
- Digital display – multi-language
- Uses 4 x AA batteries (supplied)
- Typical battery life 1 year
- Programmable timer function
- Door closed indicator
- Safety sensor
- Adjustable light sensitivity (for closing)
- Headlight / lightning timing delay
- Can combine light and timer functions
- Lifts a door weighing between 300 grammes and 4 Kg
- Unique robust mechanism, patent pending.
- Weekend ‘lie-in’ function
- Manual override
- Battery level indicator
- System LED light visible from approx. 100m
- Works in extreme weather
- Weatherproof casing made from UV resistant materials
- Operates from -20°C to +50°C (-4°F to 122°F)
- Comes complete with a tough, space saving, universal vertical sliding 2-stage metal hen house door and uPVC rails
- FREE 3 year guarantee, subject to online registration
- Made in Great Britain